Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Festivus for the Rest of Us

This Sunday I wandered out of my apartment in Queens, not at all sure what I was going to do. I figured I'd hop the train to Manhattan, get some lunch, and do some aimless roaming. To my surprise I found a bustling street fair right outside my door... Screw Manhattan, this was Queens baby!

Of course, on further inspection, it wasn't really all that exciting. More like a flea market with overpriced carnival food... not that that stopped me from indulging my taste for all things deep fried. But, I walked around for a half hour and decided I had gotten the picture... time to get on that train.

So, I arrive in Manhattan and what do I find? Two more street fairs! One was nearly identical to the one in Queens, only bigger and on Madison Avenue. The other was a French Bastille Day food festival. It was a Sunday of street fairs in New York... my Chuck's (and my stomach) got a work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment